EL BARULLOSO

"You are not entitled to your opinion, you are entitled to your informed opinion. If you are not informed on the subject, then your opinion counts for nothing."--Harlan Ellison
It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:05 am

Contact Us | All times are UTC

Welcome
Bienvenido El Barulloso

Tenemos que aceptar que nos gusta nuestro hobby y que son los role playing games lo que nos motiva a escribir e imaginar. Así que no pierdas el tiempo, crea una cuenta y comienza a leer, escribir e inventar.

Forum rules

To learn more about the Campaign: d20 MODERN BEGINNINGS MAIN PAGE
To return to the main directory of the Campaign: BEGINNINGS

Post subject: [STORY] The Adventures of Arnold the Goblin
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:06 pm 
6th Level Character

There was once a poor goblin that lived in Eerie, Indiana and he longed for money and power. He found money, but is still hungry for power. This is the beginning of the Adventures of Arnold the Goblin. He wants to grow and gain power as Amash the Strong a goblin hero from the old histories did in the Goblin Chronicles.

Arnold has found new opportunities with a group of explorers and adventures; more like undertakers for monster, but that is a tale for another time; back to the notorious dream warriors. Arnold has the opportunity to gain power through this valiant but not strong yet, group of adventures.

Attachments:
Gary_Coleman Colored pencil lens riple brush stroke.jpg
Gary_Coleman Colored pencil lens riple brush stroke.jpg [ 73.01 KiB | Viewed 306 times ]
Report this post

Post subject: Re: [STORY] The Adventures of Arnold the Goblin
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:27 pm 
6th Level Character

A Goblin Story
Amash was sitting at the table facing the stranger who asked to listen to some goblin tales, his face looked like a solid peace of red marble. "So, you want to know more about us goblins?” asked Amash, with such a strong voice for so small a creature that the stranger took a step back. "It will cost you to hear what I have to say." The stranger nodded in agreement, his face hidden by the shadows of the bar. "Money is not a problem for one such as I, let's hear what you have to say and then we will agree on price." Amash not impressed by the stranger said. "Money is always the issue with other races; I know for fact that most of the disputes are about some type of capital gain. So I will name my price know and it will be pay in gold. It is no less than ten gold coins just to hear my tale." The stranger hiding more into the shadows said. "That it is, it will be done as you said; ten gold coins."
Amash looked around the bar to see if anybody was listening to their conversation and once he was satisfied that nobody was listening he started his tale. "I am a goblin or better yet we are goblins, I am part of a race that is not considered one of the noble races, but we are as proud as they are. Goblins are the stuff of legends and nightmares for the so called noble races, most goblins you can find around the world are green and people tent to think that we are descendant from reptiles; but is far from the true, our color is green for most goblins that is true, but we have no scales like the snake or the dragon. Our way of living is closer to the rats and not reptiles; we are survivors if nothing else. Goblins normally go around in packs scavenging for food and items. Because of our familiarity with rats on scavengin; we use the same language to describe our ways; a goblin male is called a buck and an unmated goblin female is usually called a does; pregnant goblin or mothers are called dams and their offspring’s, we call them kittens or pups. A goblin family or group is called a pack or a mischief. It is true that most goblins that people encounter are green, but we vary in colors; from the albinos of Nepal to the black claws of Congo, we come in different colors and size. We, goblins are born with out horns or scales, it is true that some of our elders have these traits but that is because we are very susceptible to magic and our anatomy tends to suffer changes every time we get close to great magic." Amash takes a glass of whiskey from the table and smells the sweet fragrance of alcohol.
"Ha, dandy whiskey, aged to perfection." Amash sipping the whiskey past the back of his right hand across his face drying his lips from the whiskey. "One cultural trait of most goblins is the cutting or preparation of our ears; this is done by our parents when we are pups and they are cut and prepare according to the animal familiar to the pack. The forms of ears can range from bat wings to spider legs or a ferocious animal jaw." Amash took another draught from the glass of whiskey and this time he did not clean his lips. "Like I say before goblins are numerous and some are changed greatly by magic while others suffer minor changes. A very small group of goblins are blessed by our ancestors and these usually inherit all the great traits of their packs and sometimes these goblins rise to the rank of champion. Out of all the cultural professions we have in our society; there are two professions goblins value over all the others. The professions of thieving and scavenging; thieving is looked as an honorable profession about all others because it provides for the whole pack with out borrowing from another pack. Scavenging it's also an honorable profession in the distinction that also provides for the pack, but does not show the skill and agility of thieving. Because it takes great valor and skill to steal from one of the noble races, it is looked as a more dangerous but also more notorious profession. When a goblin takes something from another goblin, this is called borrowing, when a goblin takes something from one of the noble races is called thieving. No goblin ever steal anything from another goblin, we always borrow from another goblin. Now, scavenging we do when we are on the war path or adventuring. We are natural scavengers and infiltrators; we are small and hard to spot by the larger creatures, we are fast when we move but silent; we are usually great climbers and quit strong for our weight."
The stranger moved a bit on his seat and then asked the goblin. "You have explained much about goblin customs and way of living and it is well; but I heard that you are a great thief for a goblin and a champion with some special abilities, can you tell me more about that?" Amash was not surprise by the stranger’s question, for he was a goblin of great reputation. "So, you have heard of some of my tales by the tongues of others; well now you will listen to the stories by the real goblin." Amash fixed his eyes on no particular spot on the wall and started to recollect his adventures. "From my early days on the war path, I found out that my biggest advantages over other goblins were strength and endurance and my dexterity was equal to the best of acrobats. In my early days of campaign with my pack, I was usually the last goblin standing. I am responsible for the demise of many enemy packs and I did my duty as a young buck with my pack, but our local wars with the neighboring packs grew boring after a while. Nobody wanted to be enemies with our pack so our opponents were very few and our pack grew strong and my parents became leaders of our tribe. I soon grew bored with the details of our tribe and longed for adventuring; and them one day I did the unthinkable. I left my pack and my tribe for fresh adventures."
"My first adventure was with a human wizard. I found his tower in the middle of the woods and kept him company for several months; he started experimenting on me so I decided to leave his tower one night. I told him that I was going hunting; I pack some food and liquid and left the tower. I never went back there, he was mad and wanted to experiment more and more with me." Amash eyes were like small ruby stones and they were half lost on space. My second, adventuring partner was another human wizard and some orks, which were adventuring together. I like human wizards because they seem not to reflect the hate other humans have for our race. With this wizard we walked for several weeks in desolated far away places and one day we encountered a battle field were, I pick up the knife I now carry on my side. It is of dwarf make. I found a blind dwarf in his last breath, who thought I was another dwarf and he decided to give me this knife and told me all about the history of the knife and he also told me that the knife could cut through the scales of any dragon. I was merciful for such a gift and instead of torturing him for more information I killed him right away and that night we had dwarf head soup and roasted legs."
"Later we continue with our adventures till we found a young dragon; we started to battle this dragon and all our orks die in this encounter. The wizard was ferociously fighting the dragon while I crawled under the belly of the dragon and draw my blade and true to dwarf word the knife cut trough the scales like knife cuts through butter. The dragon them fire his venomous breath over the wizard who with stood the attack and them flew away. We never saw that dragon again, but I heard he gained great power terrorizing a kingdom somewhere. The wizard was badly damage by the dragon and it took him many months to recover. Them we embarked on a quest for power into the lower planes and we fought our way through monsters and magic creatures, but we did not spent much time down there for we did not have enough strength to accomplish our goal. It was in this adventure that I gain my red hot looking color of my skin. There were undead every ware that we have to fight for I was walking with a living mage. It was in this first trip to the lower planes that I learned the shadow spell from the wizard. He thought me this spell to hide from undead and magical creatures. The spell cloaks me with shadows and it also protects me from magical probes and detection spells."
"The mage and I continued our adventure into the lower planes; we passed a few gates and crossed over some fire lakes using bridges that were made of human skulls. There was no sun or no night just a continuous heat that could dry your lips within seconds. The heat was infernal all the time and we walked many miles. I became immune to fire and heat and could function with very little water.

Report this post

Contact Us | All times are UTC