EL BARULLOSO

"You are not entitled to your opinion, you are entitled to your informed opinion. If you are not informed on the subject, then your opinion counts for nothing."--Harlan Ellison
It is currently Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:11 am

Contact Us | All times are UTC

Welcome
Bienvenido El Barulloso

Tenemos que aceptar que nos gusta nuestro hobby y que son los role playing games lo que nos motiva a escribir e imaginar. Así que no pierdas el tiempo, crea una cuenta y comienza a leer, escribir e inventar.

Post subject: Gaming Style
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:55 pm 
7th Level Character

My Gaming style has changed through the years from a dungeon crawl hack & slash, to a more role-playing oriented game.
I like to use music in my games to add another layer of immersion.
If a player describes something I like and is within the character's ability to perform he can perform the task without rolling dice.
I like my players to add Quirks to their characters, it adds character depth and makes it more interesting.
If a player tries to take advantage of some loop hole in the game or cheats his character will most likely spontaneously combust.
If players give the extra mile and makes a good backstory, character quirks and a character drawing I usually reward them.

I don't like people to use tvs, laptops, cellphones and other distractive apparatus in the vicinity of the gaming area.

Hello, I am called Master Ed by some, but my Real name is Edwin Crespo.
I have been a GM for about 15 years.

I've experienced games in the following gaming systems:
- D&D 2E
- D&D 3E
- Forgotten Realms
- Eberon
- Ravenloft
- Sovereign Stone
- D20 Modern
- Mutants and Masterminds
- D20 Future
- Gamma World
- Star Wars D20
- Star Trek FASA
- BESM D20
- RIFTS
- Shadowrun FASA
- Call of Cthulhu
- Savage Worlds
- Marvel Super Heroes
- DC Heroes
- Vampire The Masquarade
- Mage The Ascension
- Werewolf
- Don't Rest Your Head
- Cyberpunk 2020

I have created various settings, some of which i will be posting in this forum.

Report this post

Post subject: Re: Gaming Style
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:08 pm 
Site Admin

[ADMIN: This topic is very good, it should be moved to the Main General Topic Board. If Master Ed allows for it I can move it there and leave a “shadow” on this board.]

============================================

Report this post

Post subject: Re: Gaming Style
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:10 pm 
Site Admin

My name is Mario Agrait and I like my adventures to have a mix of the three general encounters: Role Playing, Problem Solving and Combat. I prefer the first two, but the ramifications of a good combat are always welcome. I have combined them in the Problem Solving-Role Playing and Problem Solving-Combat combinations and it’s very rewarding. I catalog the difficulty level of my Problem Solving and Role Playing encounters at the same level as the combat ones and give the same amount of experience for overcoming them.
The player that gives, receives. – The players that write their background, add quirks to their characters, take notes and remembers NPC’s, and that Role Play, they are in the top of my list just beside the ones that add with their knowledge to the campaign. These players will find themselves more in the center spot and will have the time to develop the ideas that they bring to the gaming table. I’m constantly updating the gaming world with info from my players.
Distractions - I dislike distractions; electronic devices, music, people talking, etc. But with 20+ years of gamming, gamming sessions of up to 24 hours and game groups of up to 20 people, I eventually to learned how to cope with it.

============================================

Report this post

Contact Us | All times are UTC